John George I was elector of Saxony, 1611-1656.
- born 1585, son of Christian I, Elector of Saxony, and Sophie of Brandenburg
- married, 1604, Sibylle Elizabeth of Württemberg
- married, 1607, Magdalene Sibylle of Prussia; 7 children survived infancy
- Elector of Saxony from 1611
- supported the Emperor 1619-1622
- at war with the Emperor 1631-1635
- at war with the Swedes 1636-1645
- died 1656
- To find news stories that mention John George I, click on "What links here" in the My Tools menu at the bottom of the page.